- The way our junior team performed at the Showcase. They did themselves proud, and we had some good reviews. One person said the juniors sounded better than the senior team… (Incidentally, if you live near Thatcham and you’d like to try an unusual instrument in an environment that’s as different from school as we can possibly manage, send us some details!)
- New Christmas music. We’ve got three new pieces to practise, and two of them are both playable and pleasant. As to the other….perhaps “trepidatious” would be more the word than “excited”.
- And of course, our concerts. (Thanks for writing the text, Dianne!)
- Saturday 2 December, 3pm at St Mary’s Church, Thatcham. “Yuletide Bonanza” – a concert with a varied programme of music, including some Christmas pieces, to mark the start of the festive season. Tickets (£6, £5 concessions, accompanied children free) include light refreshments in the interval and are available at Picture It, 17 High Street, Thatcham or by e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the poster
- Saturday 9 December – Christmas Market at Milestones Museum, Basingstoke. Our small ensemble of 6 ringers will play festive music at intervals during the afternoon as part of the programme of entertainment.
- Sunday 10 December – Civic Carol Service, 4pm at St Mary’s Church, Thatcham. Everyone welcome. We will play during the service and also for 20 minutes or so beforehand as people arrive.